Dry skin needs a special treatment, no matter whether it´s summer or winter. I decided to test out a popular combination of milk, honey and oat this time 🙂
I decided to use Wheat Germ Oil as a basic oil, as it is a very deep moisturizer , which gets absorbed very quickly by the dry skin without leaving oily faces. It is rich vith vitamins A, B, D, E and antioxidants. Wheat Germ Oil supports collagen production, protects skin from free radicals and harmful germs.
As for other Ingredients, I decided that honey+oat flakes combination is perfect for sensitive and dry skin . Moreover, I also added few spoons of powdered milk + few drops of vanilla and milk&honey essence to make our soap smelling nice.
Ingredient Proportions :
- Soap Base ( I used Glycerine Soap Base ) – 100 g or 3.5 oz
- Wheat Germ Oil – 1/3 teaspoons
- Honey – 1/3 teaspoons
- Powdered Milk – 1-3 tea spoons
- Milk&Honey Essence – 2-3 drops
- Vanilla Essence – 2-3 drops
- Oat Flakes as you want 🙂 just for decoration, not too much
- Alcohol Spray to prevent bubbles on surface
We got very pleasant smelling and good looking soap, very nutricious and moisturizing, perfect for dry skin .