The very first post will be dedicated to one of the most fragrant and fascinating soap I ever tried : DIY vanilla coffee soap. Moreover, it is excellent facial and body scrub. Firstly,
- Goat Milk Soap Base – 3 oz or 85 g
- Argan Oil Soap Base – 0,5 oz or 15 g ( may be substituted by any other soap base )
- Jojoba Oil – 1/3 teaspoons
- Vanilla Essence – 2-3 drops
- Coffee Essence – 2-3 drops
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – 3-7 drops
- Honey – 1-3 teaspoons
- Ground Coffee – 1-3 teaspoons
You may change the quantity of ingredients depending on the desired weight of soap.
Don’t mix essential oils with aromatic essences and flavor enhancers!
- Firstly, we need to take our soap bases and cut them into chunks ( about 1*1 cm ). Then place the chunks into microwave untill the base completely melts. Don’t let the boil melt, otherwise it will lose all it’s use and valuable properties.
- Add the Jojoba Oil and Honey, then stir.
- Add both of our essential oils, go on stirring.
- When all the ingredients are added, I usually add vanilla and coffee extracts + ground coffee at the very end. Don’t stop stirring.
- Pour our mixture into soap molds. I prefer silicone ones. You may also use plastic molds or any TetraPack prisma from milk or juice.
- Spray the liquid soap with alcohol spray to avoid bubbles on the surface ( I got mine from the Drugstore ).
- Wait no less than half an hour before the soap hardens.
The smell of this soap is just fantastic, the favorite soap of my baby son. However , it is excellent homemade scrub. Enjoy 🙂